The Breville CT70XL Ikon 2-slice electric toaster has an attractive brushed stainless steel appearance. It has a removable crumb tray and a toast darkness control. As well as its ability to make great toast, it can handle bagels with ease, thanks to its extra wide and deep toasting slots that have a self centering function, and it also has a defrost feature. The Breville CT70XL Ikon is a fairly simple toaster that just gets on with the business of making really great toast, quickly and efficiently. It looks good on any kitchen top, and its cord storage feature means it stays tidy when not in use.
Breville CT70XL Ikon 2-Slice Electric Toaster Features and Specifications
- The Breville CT70XL Ikon is a 975-watt 2-slice toaster.
- It is encased in high quality brushed stainless steel.
- The toasting slots are wide and self-centering.
- It has an audible alert for when the toast is ready.
- It has a high-lift lever for raising the toast.
- It features a lift-and-look function that does not interrupt the toasting cycle, but lets you observe the toasting progress.
- It has an easy to read LCD display.
- It has a control dial for setting the browning level.
- It has settings for bagels, defrost, and reheat.
- It measures 11 inches by 5 inches by 8 inches.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 4 pounds.
- It can be shipped through Amazon to postal addresses within the USA and to some other select countries.
Wide Self Centering Slots Get It Right Every Time
The Breville CT70XL Ikon 2-slice electric toaster has extra wide toasting slots that have a self centering feature to ensure the bread slices are properly positioned every time you make toast. The wide slots also allow you to process other bread types, such as bagels, for example.
Electronic Toast Darkness Control Feature
The Breville CT70XL Ikon 2-slice electric toaster has a large and easy to read digital readout that leaves you in no doubt what darkness setting you have chosen for your toast. It also has a countdown feature to let you know how much longer your toast cycle will be. You can cancel the toasting cycle at any time, or if you prefer, you can use the lift and look feature that lets you look at the toast to see how it is progressing. If it need a bit more browning, just let it go back and the browning process will continue uninterrupted.
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are 109 customer reviews on Amazon for the Breville CT70XL Ikon at the time of writing. On average, they have scored it 3.9 out of 5 stars.
One customer said, “…the lever on this one was kind of ‘sticky’ and didn’t move down smoothly.” This may have been an isolated incident as no other customer has mentioned this being a problem. Other customers said, “Highly recommend this product,” “It toasts bagels beautifully and evenly,” and, “This is the best toaster I’ve ever used.” That makes it very easy for me to recommend the Breville CT70XL Ikon 2-Slice electric toaster.