The Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster has a fairly standard appearance. However, it enjoys a greater degree of intelligent toasting know-how than the average toaster does. An internal smart chip regulates the lowering of your bread slices into the toaster automatically. It also works out the toasting time according to the instructions you give it. There are a number of toasting options that can be chosen from the control panel, such as ordinary toast, more heavily browned toast, a bagel control, and a function that lets you lift and look.
Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster Features and Specifications
- The Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster is a 900-watt 2-slice unit.
- It is available in 4-slice unit BTA840XL (see image below).
- It has an auto lowering function operated by an intelligent one-touch application.
- It has push-button controls for normal toast, toast that is more done, bagels, a defrost choice and a lift-and-look function.
- It has an LED panel which illuminates according to the selected setting on a variable browning control.
- It has a brushed die-cast metal housing.
- It features an end-of-cycle beep.
- It has 1-1/5-inch-wide toast slots.
- It features a cord wrap.
- It measures 13-1/4 inches by 8-1/4 inches by 9 inches.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It weighs 7 pounds.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 10.5 pounds.
- It can be shipped through Amazon to postal addresses within the USA and to some selected countries.
Lift-and-Look without Interrupting the Toasting Cycle
With the more traditional type of toaster, taking a look at the progress so far means interrupting the browning process, and if the toast is not done to your satisfaction, you will have to start the browning process again and pretty much guess when it’s time to stop it. With the Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster you can lift the toast out and look as many times as you want to – and the toast cycle will continue uninterrupted, and will not cancel or reset, to give you toast that is perfectly browned to your satisfaction.
All the Information You Need in an LED Display
The LED display of the Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster keeps you informed of the progress of the toasting cycle. The setting you select will be illuminated to tell you at a glance what is happening, and the LED display will count down the time left until the toast is done. At the end of the cycle you will hear a loud bleep to tell you that it’s time to eat your toast.
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are 129 customer reviews on Amazon at the time of writing. On average they have scored the Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster a respectable 4.1 out of 5 stars.
One customer said, “This Very Expensive toaster browned both pieces of bread much darker on the sides facing outward while the sides facing the center were lighter.” However, another customer said, “No toaster will ever consistently toast bread evenly… to think otherwise is just ridiculous.” This is a fair point. The Breville Die-Cast Smart Toaster is smart, but it’s still really just a toaster. Other customers said, “…worth every penny,” “Best toaster ever,” and, “…you’ll want to eat toast all day!” I am pleased to recommend the Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast Smart Toaster.